This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Lunch Breaks

I'm a casual worker so I have no set hours at work. After working at my job for almost a year now, I'm averaging a little over 6hrs a night M-Th, and anywhere from 8-12hrs on Fridays. I was just informed last night that they are automatically taking out 30mins for a lunch break of which I've never had a lunch break since I started. As a casual employee I was told I don't get a lunch break. Is their anyway I can get that money back from when I worked over 6 hours since I never took a lunch break?

Yes. If you worked instead of taking the meal period they have deducted, you can file a claim for unpaid wages with the state Dept. of Labor.

And now, you take one, right?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I will from now on. I didn't find out about this until last night. I was told when I was hired that casuals don't get lunch breaks, benefits, or paid holidays. That's what I was shocked when I heard it.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X