This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where's my paycheck?

I live in pa. At my work they have now told us that we can either choose direct deposit or they are deposting your check in an account in a PNC bank and giving you a "debit/credit card" type thing,that you have to pay to use.Can they tell you ,we are taking your PAYCHECK,you cant have it,it is being deposited somewhere we choose,and after the first withdraw on it ,you must pay to use it,plus pay the bank any fees they charge.How can they be able to take the money you earned and tell you what you have to do with it?Please help me out with this one.

Mandatory direct deposit is not allowed in Pennsylvania (nor most other states). The use of paycards, however, is a relatively new option and most states' laws have not caught up with it yet. Contact the PA Dept. of Labor and ask them. And, if you don't mind, please post back what they say.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

where's my paycheck?

I am still waiting to hear from the dept. of labor,but in the meantime,wouldn't the paycard be forced direct deposit? I mean they are giving a choice of ,you get direct deposit in the bank you choose,or we will deposit your money in a bank that WE choose.When it comes down to it you are being forced to direct deposit SOMEWHERE ,i mean, they won't give you your paycheck outright,it has to go somewhere other than directly into your hands.

Comment

That's what I'm saying; most states have not made that decision yet. Call them again.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X