Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Below Minimum Wage

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Below Minimum Wage

    I worked for a business in Louisiana breifly, after discovering that I was being paid less than minimum wage. (4 dollars per hour) I asked if it was an error, he said no. I said that he was in violation of federal minimum wage law, he said get a lawyer. I was seriously ticked, quit, then moved. Here's my question, how do I go about filing against a company, or person, when I no longer live in that state?

  • #2
    Louisiana default to federal law for minimum wage and overtime requirements. However, I would first contact the LA Dept. of Labor to inquire how you should go about this. They may refer you to the federal Dept. of Labor, however. You can email the LA DOL here: [email protected]
    You do not need a lawyer. What a piece of work THAT guy was!
    Last edited by Pattymd; 11-02-2005, 07:48 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.