Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FL Opening mail that does not belong to you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL Opening mail that does not belong to you.

I work for a hospital owned by a corporation. I have been working on a project for the hospital department in which I work. A physician is working on this project with me. Both of our names are on the correspondance when things are mailed to us by this outside agency we are working with. By the time I get the items that are mailed to me and the physician (they usu. have my name first then the physician's name) they have always been opened. The physician said she has not seen any of these items. I believe it is a dept. manager or secretary that is opening these. I asked the director of the department about it and, as usu, he acts like he doesn't know anything about it or that it was only addressed to the physician and she asked them to open it (which is not true because I asked her). Is this allowed since I work for the corporation or is it still a fact that nobody can open a piece of mail that is not addressed to them without consent from that person?

If the mail is being sent to your place of employment, generally speaking, they have to right to open it. If you don't want that, have it sent to your home.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X