This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• withholding last pay check

My employer of 2 years will not release my last pay check, stating I was paid for too many vacations days thoughout the year. My employer is a doctor, who owns the family practice. She does the payroll, approves vacation days, etc. We are allowed 10 days per year...I have used 8, which I have been paid for. I issued my 2 week notice to her, which she acknowledged, accepted and even wished me good luck! I worked all of the 2 weeks with the exception of the final day due to some upset in the office the day before my last day (upset in the office is not unusual w/this doctor) When I first inquired about my last pay check, it was during the last 2 weeks of my employement...she said I would have to wait to pick up my check on the next pay date (2 wks away)...I waited...the first time she refused my check she said it was because I didn't return my key...an employee reminded her that I indeed, had done so. The next attempt to get my check was met w/her saying I stole $124 from the cash drawer(this was said 1 full week after I was gone)...an employee found the cash envelope, right where I had left it...now she is saying I owe her money because she paid me for too many vacation days during the year. How do I get my money? Is it legal for her to withhold hours worked? And is it legal to accuse someone of theft without proper proof? She is destroying my good name and work history. I live in St. Petersburg, Florida.
    Last edited by shilohjane; 10-13-2005, 04:21 PM.

duplicate post
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X