This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salary dispute - Texaa

2 1/2 yrs I began work as a RN at a HCA hospital. At the time of hire I was offered and accept an hrly salary and also some 'speacial ' incentives for working on weekends.
    1. Work 32hrs. on Fri., Sat., or Sun., and be paid for 40hrs. = 'plan'.
    2. A weekend bonus of $200 for working on weekends, seperate from the 'plan'.
    3. Weekend and 3-11pm diffirentual.
    An agreement was signed.
    Aproximate 6mnths ago I was informed by my Dept. Manager this 'plan' was being terminated because of abuse of the 'plan 'in other departments. It had
    been agreed by management that I could continue on the 'plan' because of the need for my position.

3mths ago, I was informed verbaly that this ' plan' no longer existed and the configurment of my salary would need to ajusted. This was to be done in a way that would my salary would as finacialy close to to my present salary as possible.
    Now after 3mths ,and asking my input and what I believed to be a verbal ageement I am being told that my salary will now be reduced about $500 per month.
    Is this leagal and do I have any recourse. Thanks.

Unless you have a signed contract to the contrary, an employer can change your salary.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X