This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of holiday pay.

I work in Washington state. I recently started 3-12's, 11:00-11:30; Weds., Thurs., Fri. (previously worked 5/8's, 3-11:30) I contacted HR to question how I would be paid for holidays falling on Mondays. I was told I did not need to do anything different from previous pay practices; as a non-contract employee I would be paid for the holiday automatically. I did not put the 4th of July holiday in our Kronos (pay) system & consequently did not get paid for it. I am now told that I have 'lost' the pay, even though I did as instructed.This is one of the guarenteed holidays we are paid for. Can this be legal not to pay me for it?

Yes, it's legal. Assuming you work in the private sector, your employer has no obigation to provide any paid holidays to begin with. If they elect not to pay you for the 4th of July for any reason except one expressly prohibited by law (due to your race or gender, for example), it's legal.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X