X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Contract Work

I was subcontracted through Pomeroy IT Solutions to do a POS/workstation
    swap out in September in Reno, NV and have yet to be compensated for my work.
    There has been a total lack of concern or follow through although I have
    initaiated numerous contact via phone and email. After awaiting any kind
    of follow up on the status of my request I received no response. Upon
    calling again to get resolution the answer that I received in not some many words was that they were not going to do anything... that they could not help me... that I will get paid when they get around to it.
    I contact the state bureua of labor, consumer affairs and the state attorney generals office in nevada, but they all say it not their jurisdiction and that it is a civil matter. I cannot believe that companies that do independent contracting have no guidelines to govern how they do business. With my only recourse being small claims court there is nothing to discourge them from doing whatever they want and no consequences for their actions or from doing this to yet someone else.

If you were an independent contractor, then you had the same status as any other supplier of goods or services to the company. IC status is far different than that of an employee. It appears you will have to pursue civil action to recoup the money you were owed.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X