X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sockeye
    replied
    Nebraska doesn't require any breaks be given to employee's 18 or over. There is no federal law requiring that either. The only law that I found that applies to breaks and luches reads:

"½ hour, off premises, between 12 noon and 1 p.m. or at other suitable lunch time."

And it also is only applicable to"

"Applicable to assembly plant, workshop, or mechanical establishment, unless employee is covered by a valid collective bargaining agreement or other written agreement between an employer and employee."

Leave a comment:

• unanimous1
    started a topic Nebraska Break Laws/Questions

Nebraska Break Laws/Questions

At my current employer, I generally work 10 hour days. I get a 15 minute break about 1 1/2 hours into my shift, a lunch about 1 1/2 hours later, and then another break. For example, if my shift is 9-7, I have a break at 10:30, lunch from 1230-130, and then my last break at 3.
    My question is, since I work longer than 8 hour days, should I get more than 2 breaks? What I mean is...since my last break is at 3 and there are four hours between my last break and the end of my shift, should I be getting another break? Thanks in advance for your help!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X