This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska Break Laws/Questions

At my current employer, I generally work 10 hour days. I get a 15 minute break about 1 1/2 hours into my shift, a lunch about 1 1/2 hours later, and then another break. For example, if my shift is 9-7, I have a break at 10:30, lunch from 1230-130, and then my last break at 3.
    My question is, since I work longer than 8 hour days, should I get more than 2 breaks? What I mean is...since my last break is at 3 and there are four hours between my last break and the end of my shift, should I be getting another break? Thanks in advance for your help!

Nebraska doesn't require any breaks be given to employee's 18 or over. There is no federal law requiring that either. The only law that I found that applies to breaks and luches reads:

"½ hour, off premises, between 12 noon and 1 p.m. or at other suitable lunch time."

And it also is only applicable to"

"Applicable to assembly plant, workshop, or mechanical establishment, unless employee is covered by a valid collective bargaining agreement or other written agreement between an employer and employee."

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X