This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Paycheck Overpayment

Need advise.....I was given my notice back in July that my last day was going to be 9/15/2005. However, I was terminated on 9/02/2005 because they felt that I was not giving enough information to my replacement. (I disagree here....she did not want to learn so I informed my employer of the situation and was told to leave.) I had confirmed (but not in writing) that I would receive all the PTO time that I had earned and was unable to take including PTO form 2004-2005. They assured me that I would be paid for all of my PTO. I confirmed prior to them completing the payroll that I would be receiving all of my PTO time from 2004-2005 PTO and 2005-2006 PTO. They said no.....they did not recall the conversation regarding the 2004-2005 PTO. I let it go. When I rec'd my last paycheck there was an error made and they over paid me by two weeks. With my last paycheck there was a letter of explaination and an adding machine tape with the calculation on it. However the letter and the check did not equal. Just today I rec'd a letter from my previous employers attorney that I must repay the overpayment. They claim there was a computer glitch. What are my rights? Do I have to pay this back?

I am in SD. Don't know if this would matter...but....

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X