X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbg
    replied
    You are not entitled by law to any kind of holiday pay. It is entirely up to her whether to provide it or not. The law does NOT say that you have to be paid a premium for working on a holiday.

Leave a comment:

• admala
    replied
    holiday pay

we worked on the holiday, and yes we are CNA home health aide, employed by her.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    1.) No employer has to pay overtime unless the employee works more than 40 hours per week, and the employer has the right to keep your hours below 40 in order to avoid overtime worked. Beyond that, I'd want a little more information - are you saying you are working as a home health aide? Employeed directly by the homeowner, or employed by an agency that is contracting you out to the homeowner?

2.) Does she have the option to pay holiday pay? Sure, she can pay it if she wants to. But again, no private employer is required to pay holidays. Any holidays.

3.) I believe that PA law requires you be notified in advance of a pay cut. But pay cuts are not illegal, regardless of reason, as long as you receive at least minimum wage.

Leave a comment:

• admala
    started a topic Overtime/Holiday pay with private employer

Overtime/Holiday pay with private employer

I have recently went to work for a lady in Bradford PA, who is stroke victim, she has hired 24/7 home health care. She hired all of us, full/part time at $10 an hour. At first they said they would pay overtime, if needed but wanted to keep our hours down to 40 a week. At the first 2 weeks there were overtime, just because of the settleing in and not having enough staff. So we were paid, now they don't want to pay ANY overtime, and now are saying that they won't even pay the 3 full time girls the 5 legal holidays, because of her being a private employer she don't have to. Because she has a family member that has POA, and we are what you would say, spending the family's inheirtence, there is word they maybe cutting our pay as well. We do pay taxes on our wages. I guess my questions are:

1. Does she have to pay overtime pay?
    2. Does she have an option to pay us the holiday pay?
    3. Can she cut our pay without speaking to us first, or just cut it for no reason?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X