Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help?

    My wife is an hourly employee at a medical office owned by a group of doctors. She works at the front desk and punches in and out on a time clock. The office has lost her time card and they have refused to pay her for that week. She has spoken with the doctor in charge of the buisness and he to has flatly refused to pay her for the whole week. Now, after contacting the doctor to ask about her pay, she was contacted at home by the office manager and told that all of her overtime hours have been cut and she is only to work 40 hours. She has been happy there and has done any extra work that has been asked of her, and stayed after hours to help the doctors when no one else would. She is devastated by this because she works so hard and tries to help. Do we have any recourse to get the paycheck that she is entitled to? Who do we need to contact if her employer refuses to listen or pay her the money she is owed? She is very afraid of losing her job since they fire people on a whim on a regular basis. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

  • #2
    If payday has come and gone, she should immediately contact the state Dept. of Labor and file a claim for unpaid wages.

    Regarding the elimination of her overtime, regardless of why they did it, there is no legal recourse for that. If they don't want her to work overtime, she doesn't.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.