This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hour Laws in Kentucky State

Hello, I hope someone is able to give me an idea about this situation. This situation is about my friend who is working in fast-food supply chain.

Last Sunday, he went to hospital from his backache by back muscle. He as received the Dr. Notes that said he is "able to return to work after 2 days from his office visit". After dropping this Dr.'s note to his workplace, he had work schedule from following Thursday as usual. He went to work on Thursday morning and found out that he does not have NO SCHEDULE FOR REST OF THE MONTH. He is a Floor supervisor position at his workplace and he has no idea why their manager people do such thing like this. They have done such things because manager people are upset since he is looking for another job? or other job H.R are calling to his workplace for his background check?? or he is one of the minority?? These are reasons that he can think of to be taken his hours away. He has not submit his resignation letter, not received termination yet.

Is this legal that management are able to perform to their current employee?? if no, what type of law it will be against to??

Please give us some idea.

A two day absence does not qualify him for protected leave at the Federal level and Kentucky has no applicable state law. That being the case, unless he has been left off the schedule because of his race, religion, national origin etc., this is legal. Nothing in the law of any state and nothing in Federal law requires that he be given any particular number of hours unless he has a bona fide contract that specifies otherwise.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thank You very much for your response. I will defnitely let him know your advise.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X