Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Employer Reduced Hourly Rate on Last Paycheck - Illegal?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer Reduced Hourly Rate on Last Paycheck - Illegal?

Hello all.

Here is my issue....

I recently gave my two week notice to my employer. Two days after giving this notice I was told that I didn't need to come back and that they would mail me my last paycheck. When that paycheck got to me, I noticed that instead of my normal hourly rate of $15 per hour, I was paid at $5.15 per hour (minimum wage).

Essentially, this work was performed the week BEFORE I gave my notice (we are paid one week behind). Is this legal to do? If not, what can I do to rectify the situation? I have not contacted the employer yet although it's obviously purposefull on there part. Help!

I live in Minnesota, btw.

Thanks in advance.

I cannot find the law at the moment, but I believe Minnesota is one of those states where you must be informed of a decrease in your rate before the work is done. Contact the state Dept. of Labor, Wage and Hour Division.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X