This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time sheet being edited by supervisor

At the place of employment where I work we clock in/out on a computer. So we are able to check our times daily. My problem is that my supervisor is going in and editing and deleating my times. I clock out for my lunch break and come back 5 - 10 min early which is allowed but she is now going in and deleating that then clocking me in for a full hr. On my last time for my pay I was shorted a full hr because of this. What is also got me so furious is mine is the only one this is being done to. Is this legal and if not what can be done about it. Thank You.

When you clock in early from your lunch break, are you then working those five or ten minutes you returned early?

Comment

Originally posted by Beth3
      When you clock in early from your lunch break, are you then working those five or ten minutes you returned early?
      yes I am returning to my room or another room where needed. (I work in a day care)

Comment

If you are WORKING for that time, you have to be paid for it. The law does not expressly prohibit a supervisor from editing a time card because if an employee were to clock in and then spend ten or fifteen minutes chatting with co-workers, checking her personal e-mail, getting coffee etc., the employee doesn't have to be paid for that time. But if you are WORKING, you have to get paid.

You can report violations to the state DOL.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg
          If you are WORKING for that time, you have to be paid for it. The law does not expressly prohibit a supervisor from editing a time card because if an employee were to clock in and then spend ten or fifteen minutes chatting with co-workers, checking her personal e-mail, getting coffee etc., the employee doesn't have to be paid for that time. But if you are WORKING, you have to get paid.

You can report violations to the state DOL.
          thank you for taking time to reply. That is what I told them but they said I was not scheduled to work so I was cheating them of time. But what is frustrating is my time sheet is the only one being altered.

Comment

Just for curiosity's sake, what if you did not start "working" until your scheduled time? Then there would not be an issue.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X