This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced to sign over 15% of my pay or be terminated

I work in Arizona and my ex employer forced me and several other employees to sign 2 contracts which gave him consent to deduct sales commissions from our paychecks to help pay for his customer service employees and also to have in case a client chaged back an order on their credit cards.The deductions totalled out to a 15% PAY WITHHOLDING. If we did not sign these authorization forms we were told we would be terminated.The running tally of these deductions from my pay alone is over $10000 dollars.I had been employed by the company for over 3 months before these contracts were presented.Also 5% of the withholdings were after Tax deductions meaning I paid taxes on the companies profit. This doesn't seem legal to me. Any advice would be helpfull.
    Picd92Arizonasales

This question was answered in the other forum where it was asked.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X