This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefits in CA

Are there any laws that require a place you work at to give you health care benefits. I currenlty work at KGTV ABC 10 San Diego, between 30-40 hours a week and am the only one that doesnt recieve healthcare. I am part of a local 54 NABET-CWA.

The only state where employers are required by law to provide health benefits is Hawaii.

Why are you not receiving health insurance benefits if everyone else is? Is everyone else full time and you are the only part time? It is extremely rare for part time employees to receive insurance benefits in most companies.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Only one

Why are you not receiving health insurance benefits if everyone else is? I was the last hired. They say the reason is that I am only established to work 16 hours a week (rhough this last year I've only worked 16 hours a week 7 times) Is everyone else full time and you are the only part time? No there are a lot of part-timers (established hours of 20 or more) that just work here because they can receive benefits and only work part time. It is extremely rare for part time employees to receive insurance benefits in most companies. I have two part time jobs. Both offer benefits to for part timers.

Comment

If you do not work the requisite number of hours to qualify for benefits, they do not have to provide you with benefits.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I do

Ive worked for this company for a year now. I work at least 20 hours a week and yet do not receive benefits (and this is the requirement). Because I was not hired with benefits working part time, it has turned into this issue where I have to keep asking my boss for benefits.
          I feel that the company, McGraw-Hill, has not been treating me as everybody else. I feel like a 2nd class employee.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X