Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

haven't been paid

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • haven't been paid

    I'm in Ohio.

    I worked for a local college as an adjunct lecturer Jan-May 2005.
    When hired, lecturers are given a contract that specifies the pay, when you are paid, what your responsibilities are, etc.
    My contract specified that I would be paid in May of 2005.
    I completed all work required of me, taught the classes, etc. So far as I know, I have done nothing wrong and fulfilled all my responsiblities to everyone's satisfaction. Certainly nobody has made me aware of any issues.

    The problem is, I have not received my paycheck - I have been paid exactly $0 so far. I have called the HR office and they keep basically blowing me off - they claim they will have the head of HR call me but so far no call. I do know that they have a copy of my signed contract - the receptionist told me that. No explanation why I have not been paid has been forthcoming.

    Obviously, its been over 2 months since I should have been paid in full and I'm a little peeved. I've been more than patient and probably too reasonable. For whatever reason my employer seems to be uninterested in paying me. I'm tired of screwing around and I want paid.

    What is my next step? Do I file a complaint with the DOL in Ohio, get a lawyer, etc.?

  • #2
    You file a complaint with the DOL in Ohio.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.