This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Pay Check

I work for a small business where I am one of two employee's. Our employer often "forgets" his checkbook on payday, so we usually get our paycheck 1-2 days late. Is this legal?

No, it isn't. But it's not going to raise as much reaction in the state DOL as a company that wasn't paying their employees at all

What state are you in? With that information I can tell you what the laws are regarding the timing of paychecks.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

We are in Indiana.

Comment

In Indiana, the paycheck must be released no later than ten days after the end of the pay period.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

boss on vacation=late paycheck?????

my boss is on vacation and we are suppose to get our paychecks friday every 2 weeks but we probably wont get them til monday. he has done this before. i dont think it is legal....i live in west virginia and i need to know the labor laws about this to see if it's legal or not so i can report him.....i dont think it's right. if anyone knows about this in wv plz reply back....thanks

Comment

All I can find on West Virginia pay laws is that you have to be paid no less frequently that once every two weeks.

The answer is the same to you as above. While it may be illegal as long as you get the check on Monday it's unlikely that the DOL will take very much action.

Comment

no pay for a month or longer...

god ****, 1-2 days?
              i work for a surveying company in my home alaska. my paychecks and the rest of the employees of this small company dont recieve paychecks for weeks past due. i was wondering if this was legal and did a little research. i think i need to have a little chat with my boss/company owner. right now i was to be paid on the 8th of july, (now the 15th) and soon this friday, the 22nd of july.

Comment

As with the other posters, if your conversation with the boss does no good, contact your state DOL.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X