This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaks And Lunch Time In Indiana

Can Someone Work Over 8 Hours Without A Break Or Lunch?

Indiana

Indiana doesn't require breaks and/or lunch periods.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

breaks and lunch

i was wondering where i could go and get info on indianas laws on breaks and lunch so i could down load them , thanks bret

Comment

Breaks and Lunch

You can read about it at: http://www.in.gov/labor/wagehour/estandfaq.html#breaks (Note the exception for persons under the age of 18.)
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Casual Employees

I was wondering what happens with Casual workers. I'm a casual right now, and I work just over 6 hrs a night Mon-Thurs and 8-12hrs on Fridays. When I was hired I was told Casuals don't get lunch, benefits, or paid holidays. I found out last night after being at my current job for almost a year that they automatically take out 30min for lunch anytime you work over 6hrs. I haven't taken lunch ever since I started because of what I was told. Are they supposed to be taking out time for casual employees who don't even get a lunch break?

Comment

Bubba, I answered your question on your own thread in the other forum.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X