This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training pay Pennsylvania

I am an RN who works in the "Pool" at a local hospital. I am a employee of this hospital and not an outside agency employee. I have been working in my current position for approx. 4 years. I was recently told that i would need to become ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certified in order to continue working in this area of the hospital. When I was hired and ask to work on this floor 4 years ago i was told since I was pool it was not required of me to get this certification because the hospital would not pay for the class or my time, but I still could work on this floor.... just couldn't push drugs if there was a patient coding. Now I am told that I need this certification. The hospital sends the full time and part time personnell to these classes and pays for the class and pays for there time. Are there any laws requiring my employer to pay me for my time or is that up to them? These certification classes are two eight hour days given at the hospital were I work.

thanks

Training

If the training is related to a licensing issue that is needed in order for you to perform the job that your employer assigns to you, most likely that is not considered as paid time.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X