X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I take it to court?

Here's the situation. [From Toronto, Ontario, Canada]

During Boxing week, I worked 113 hours in one week and only got paid 80.
    I was promised $400 as a cut of the commissions since I was demoted from sales to cash to help out because one of ours girls got fired. The other cashiers got $300 as promised but I still didn't get mine.
    I was also supposed to get a raise for the month of December and I only got $7.15 instead of $8.50 per hour.

All these were not paid for STILL ... and I'm on my bosses case about this everyday. He said they're on it but I don't believe him. The other day he told me he's quitting because he has found another job.

What should I do? What steps should I take in order to get my money? I am thinking I should take it to court but It's such a long process.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

I really need some good advice...
    Last edited by aliciabb; 02-21-2005, 10:16 AM.

Taking the issue to Court

You don't need to go to court. Instead, you can contact the Ministry of Labour office for assistance. You can learn more about Ontario's wage and hour laws and the locations of the nearest Ministry of Labor office at: http://www.gov.on.ca/LAB/english/es/.../fs_hours.html
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X