This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving farther and farther in Texas

I work for a construction company that is based and work in the Dallas area where I live. First I was assigned to a job in Dallas then 50 miles north of Dallas and now my next assignment is 70 miles south. Is there no limit to the distance they can send me? An since this is home to work I cant deduct the mileage on my taxes... 140 miles per day!!! Short of quitting my job is there anything else I can do? I have gone to my direct supervisor and ask for assistance with gas but he has said no.

Driving to Work

No, I don't believe that there is anything that can be done, from an employment law standpoint. Note: If you were required to go someplace that is not your usual place of employment, such as you were required to go on a business trip, this rule doesn't necessarily stick. There are some considerations for travel time in that situation. However, this isn't your case.

As far as tax deductions are concerned, I could not say as I am not a tax expert. The following is a link to the IRS website that addresses business travel: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc511.html
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X