X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LConnell
    replied
    Training

Not if the training is not related to specific company policies. For example, if the training she received was on general management skills, general customer service, etc., then that may be considered training prior to starting employment. Once the company begins to discuss company practices, rules, etc., it then has to be paid training.

A number of companies do this sort of thing. I have seen it in reservations call centers, janitorial services, etc. I was surprised when I first heard of this practice. However, I verified it with the US Department of Labor. It is legal.

Leave a comment:

• KAnthony
    started a topic Paid Traning??

Paid Traning??

My girlfriend recently started a new job in California and has been working there for about two weeks.. She works 9 - 11 Hours a day and sometimes saturdays. When she started she was originally going to be the manager of a department which she was told that she will recieve a starting salary of 53,000 a year but she decided she didn't want to because she was not ready so she took another job in the building. The manager of the company told her that they usally dont have to get paid for traning but he will pay her 150 dollars a week. Does that seem a little low, does the company have to pay her for traning??
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X