Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Help in PA

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help in PA

    I work for a small personal care home as a caregiver of the elderly. All employees received a raise. New owner's say it was a mistake made by payroll personal, now it is being taken off of us and coming out of our next paycheck. New owner told all employees of this and gave no choices about paying it back. My wage is between $6.50 - $9.00 an hour. My paycheck is what I live off of. Can this be done?
    Last edited by 1burner; 01-20-2005, 03:25 PM.

  • #2

    Yes, it can in Pennsylvania. According to Pennsylvania law, "In addition, adjustments to the deductions and allowances shall be made known to the employee prior to the making of the adjustments" It doesn't say anything about agreement to the deduction by the employee.
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    • #3
      i'm new to the forum, thanks for getting the answer for me so quickly.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.