Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

in need of some intelligent advice... Arizona

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • in need of some intelligent advice... Arizona

    I have filed a complaint against my employer for failure to pay me the legal minimum wage. I was an in-home salesman for a very large home improvement retailer, and they put me in some seriously dire financial straits. The amount of shorted pay that I claimed was only around $1500, but as the law states, I should be entitled to that amount, plus an amount twice that much, plus interest. So, the woman from the Industrial Commission left me a message today, informing me that they have made an offer to settle. She did not reveal the amount in the message, but I want to be sure I know what I am doing when I return her call. I am strongly against agreeing to even a penny less than what I am entitled to, but I also want to be sure that I don't end up coming away with nothing. Can anyone enlighten me on the risks I may be taking if I demand the full amount? Is there any way that I can end up with nothing?

  • #2
    What is an "in-home" salesman? Does that mean you are working in your employer's store? It is not a term used in labor law.

    Were you paid minimum wage? Were you paid overtime? Those are both statutory requirements. I am not saying payments beyond statutory requirements are not recoverable, but we are talking different laws. And I do not know AZ law in that area.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.