Bounced checks week after week North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounced checks week after week North Carolina

My employer in the past two months has bounced our staffs checks week after week he makes them good once we get notices from our banks/stores that they have bounced but now many of us are unable to even cash his checks as our banks/stores will not take them.

He makes the bad check good with cash but what can we do myself I have gotten returned check fees in the hundred of dollars as my check bounce because his bounced

This week he paid us from some new company he set up and now I'm hearing that those checks are bouncing

He keeps making them good after they bounce with cash but there must be something we can do to force him to pay up for all the other money he is costing us he pays us 25.00 for the bounced fee from our banks/stores but nothing to cover the costs of what his bounced checks do to our checks

Plus our reputation in town has been harmed as many of us are now labeled deadbeats who pass worthless checks

The next time your check bounces, file a claim with the NC DOL.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Time to start looking for a new job.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

If he is having trouble making payroll, your best bet is probably to look for other employment.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Seriously, the best thing you can do is find a new job. Either your owner is completely incompetent at running his business, or he's unethical, or both. Either way, the situation will not change.

You can do as cbg suggests and file a claim, but honestly the quickest, most effective solution is to find an honest employer.

Comment

Telling this person to find a new job is not helpful. Jobs are scarce, and I'm sure they would have left already if it were that easy. The specific question is how to recover fees & what recourse is there for the damages to credit ratings and character. If you can't address those issues, why post meaningless stuff and waste time & resources?
            Did you ever get any type of resolution?
            We are having a similar experience in NC, except we can't get $ from some checks still owed, and payroll witholdings have been reported on income not received.

Comment

It's not for you to decide what may or may not be helpful to others. Sometimes people need a third party to tell them to do what they already know they should do.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
                It's not for you to decide what may or may not be helpful to others. Sometimes people need a third party to tell them to do what they already know they should do.
                And you still have not answered "mad's" questions...

Comment

And you are still being rude to people who are volunteering their time. If you don't like our advice, it's worth what you pay for it. Also, don't resurrect long dead threads. I doubt MadMachinist is still around.

The fact is, if an employer is bouncing people's paychecks, they are broke. No one, not even the government, can make someone pay who has no money. The best, quickest way to fix the problem is to find another job as quickly as you can. I realize that's not always easy, but I left my magic problem solving wand at home. We give the best advice we can. Sometimes it does amount to, "that sucks, change the situation as quickly as you can."

Comment

Originally posted by ferretrick View Post
                    And you are still being rude to people who are volunteering their time. If you don't like our advice, it's worth what you pay for it. Also, don't resurrect long dead threads. I doubt MadMachinist is still around.

The fact is, if an employer is bouncing people's paychecks, they are broke. No one, not even the government, can make someone pay who has no money. The best, quickest way to fix the problem is to find another job as quickly as you can. I realize that's not always easy, but I left my magic problem solving wand at home. We give the best advice we can. Sometimes it does amount to, "that sucks, change the situation as quickly as you can."
                    Frankly, I find your responses childish, AND rude, as well as useless. You are the one on a free website, offering non-advice, instead if making a living in your chosen "profession" - that speaks volumes about your worth. I will seek advice from a real & competent attorney. I would suggest you grow up, but I am quite sure that is not likely to happen, so continue on with your free, useless "advice", & feel free to call me names, as I have more than enough character to handle it. SMDH

Comment

Originally posted by ferretrick View Post

Frankly, I find your responses childish, AND rude, as well as useless. You are the one on a free website, offering non-advice, instead if making a living in your chosen "profession" - that speaks volumes about your worth. I will seek advice from a real & competent attorney. I would suggest you grow up, but I am quite sure that is not likely to happen, so continue on with your free, useless "advice", & feel free to call me names, as I have more than enough character to handle it. SMDH

Comment

You do that, since you clearly do not understand the limits of a message board forum. Maybe advice you have to pay for will be more to your liking.

Comment

Thanks all but the topic is now mute as my company is no longer in business that state police came and locked the doors gave us one hour to grab our belongings seem we were not the only ones he was not paying his phone number has been shut off and all mail comes back return to sender hard lesson learned

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear that, MadM. I hope that you're collecting unemployment or better yet, have found that better new job by now. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
                              I'm very sorry to hear that, MadM. I hope that you're collecting unemployment or better yet, have found that better new job by now. Good luck to you.
                              Yes I have found a new job pay sucks but I do get PAID

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X