Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Wage and Hour Violations - Massachusetts

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wage and Hour Violations - Massachusetts

    I stumbled across this forum when searching for something online, and it looks like a great resource. For you Massachusetts residents out there, I am including a URL to a form that you may find useful. M.G.L. c. 149, s. 52C allows you to request your personnel records from your current or former employer. Personnel records under the statute include various things, many of which are very useful as a first step in a dispute with an employer. There is some bad news: The law has little teeth, in that there is no private right of action for damages if your request is ignored. However, most employers comply with the law and will send your personnel records upon request. The form we made increases rates of compliance. Here it is:

    Please do not post personal info in any posts. Betty3 (removed name & phone #)
    Last edited by Betty3; 02-24-2015, 02:36 PM. Reason: removed personal info
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.