• Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    I will start a new thread for jbortho.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    Technically CA does not support "use it or lose it" policies with vacation/PTO. CA-DLSE might agree with the employer that they are just correcting an error. That argument sometimes work (and sometimes CA-DLSE thinks the employer is playing games). Not accruing any additional vacation/PTO because of the overaccrual is generally legal in CA as long as whoever wrote the policy made no dumb mistakes.
    http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_Vacation.htm

Perhaps a moderator can move this to it's own thread. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• drruthless
    replied
    Der Doktor ist mürrisch heute!

Originally posted by jbortho View Post
    My company let me accrue more PTO than handbook allows. I did accrue it legally by not taking vacations, and they did not prevent me. Can they take it away from me.
    If they have a use it or lose it policy in place, yes, you can lose it.

BTW. next time start your own thread insted of hijacking another unrelated thread! The only reason you got an answer was I happened to noticed it was posted today.

.._________________
    ~
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
    for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Leave a comment:

• jbortho
    started a topic California PTO rules

California PTO rules

My company let me accrue more PTO than handbook allows. I did accrue it legally by not taking vacations, and they did not prevent me. Can they take it away from me.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X