This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC Bounced Check North Carolina

I have received multiple checks late and had a few of them bounce. It is really a hardship because i get paid late typically every week and then have to worry about bounced checks. I am getting reimbursed for the checks and fees after the fact. I recently noticed that even though im getting paid at a later date the actual check has the correct paydate. I guess i never paid attention as long as i was getting paid. I am really fed up with it. I was wondering what the laws were if i would quit my job. Would unemployment be available to me if i quit. I really cant afford to not be paid at all while looking for other employment, but dont like being paid late with possibility of being bounced. I work on a flat rate scale so if i dont work i dont get paid. I have no paid vacation, no healthcare. Its a vicious cycle.

Late paychecks and paychecks bouncing are a sign your company is not doing well financially. If you were to quit your chances of getting unemployment are not good. I suggest you find another job at a company that is doing better, while you are still employed.

Comment

I agree with the previous poster. The state prefers you to have some income rather than none. Unemployment would pay less than you make now so financially it is better to keep working.

For some reason, people who are currently employeed find it easier to find a new position than people unemployed.

Comment

You are at least getting paid at your current employer even though it is
        late. If you quit, you probably will not get UI. You need to find other
        employment before quitting this job.

Good luck to you.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X