Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • question

    I hope its not to late for me to get in on this topic. I to live in Florida, my wife is a manager of a house for mentally disabled ppl, she is being paid a salary of 599$ every two weeks, she works an average of 170 hrs. every pay period. From what I've read she should be getting paid 455$ every week or she should be getting paid for over time. Is this something we should get a lawyer for ?

  • #2
    It's not too late to ask, but I'm going to switch you into your own thread; it's less confusing that way.

    If you were in another state I'd say no, you don't need a lawyer, file a claim with the state DOL. But Florida doesn't have a state DOL. So yes, I think having an employment attorney review her situation would be a good idea.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      tyvm for your fast reply. We will call an employment lawyer as soon as we can.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.