This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting a DOL audit - Florida

How do you request a DOL audit on a bad employer?

Florida has no good labor laws so how do I request a fed one

Just to be clear, requesting an audit and actually getting one are two very different things. The feds audit whoever they feel like auditing, not necessarily whoever you want them to audit. Having actual complaining witnesses who are willing to go on the record increases the chances of the audit.

Send them something in writing. Be very specific about the problems. Include your name and contact information. Complaints from unknown people almost certainly go directly into the waste paper basket because the person making the complaint is unwilling to actually help DOL out. DOL has limited resources and they generally focus audits where there are actual people willing to help them out.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

I'm willing to help them even if I lose my job over it. I have documents, and company
      letters, notices that is proof that the employer is willfully breaking the law.
      and other employees that are afraid to speak up but if put on a wittness stand will
      tell the truth.

Question is, where do I file the complaint, and is there a proper format to use?

Comment

You could call up federal DOL and ask them. Or go on their website.

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/laws/comp-flsa.htm

Filing a complaint - DOL's Wage and Hour Division manages complaints regarding violations of the various laws and regulations it administers. To file a complaint concerning one of these laws, contact your nearest Wage and Hour Division office or call the Department's Toll-Free Wage and Hour Help Line at 1-866-4-US-WAGE.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

You can call directly to any of these offices;

Jacksonville District Office (904) 359-9292
          US Dept. of Labor
          Wage & Hour Division
          Charles E. Bennett Federal Building
          400 West Bay Street, Room 956, Box 017
          Jacksonville, FL 32202

Miami District Office (305) 598-6607
          US Dept. of Labor
          Wage & Hour Division
          Sunset Center
          10300 Sunset Drive, Room 255
          Miami, FL 33173-3038

Tampa District Office (813) 288-1242
          US Dept. Of Labor
          Wage & Hour Division
          Austin Laurel Building
          4905 W. Laurel Avenue, Suite 300
          Tampa, FL 33607-3838
          ========================================

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X