This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my daughter entitled to minimum wage? Arizona

She is 17 an working at a restaurant as a hostess. They are only paying her $6. per hour as they say she is receiving tips from take-out order customers. She told me she maybe gets $3. per day in tips, some days none. Should she be receiving minimum wage as she is not a server receiving regular tips? Is what they are paying her legal in this case?

http://www.minimum-wage.org/states.asp?state=Arizona

(Note section re how does Az. min. wage apply to tipped employees.)
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Past that you might want to look at the following.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1244.pdf
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

What is the youth minimum wage?

The youth minimum wage is authorized by Section 6(g) of the FLSA, as amended by the 1996 FLSA Amendments. The law allows employers to pay employees under 20 years of age a lower wage for a limited period -- 90 calendar days, not work days -- after they are first employed. Any wage rate above $4.25 an hour may be paid to eligible workers during this 90-day period.

See this link

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs32.pdf
        ========================================

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Comment

Agree with above. That info was in the Az. min. wage exemptions in the link I
          provided.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X