Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Need Piece Rate Info Indiana

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need Piece Rate Info Indiana

    I work for a RV company. I am a piece rate employee. The last 4 weeks I have been making Higher paying units but my paychecks are not showing it.

    I approached the Plant manager and i asked him to see the pay rates for the Units that we make and he said he cannot show me the pay rates for units due to Company Policy. This does not seem right to me. As an Employee do i not have the right to know what i am being paid for?

  • #2
    Probably not. There is a slight chance that not advising you of the rates per piece COULD be considered inadequate notice of a decrease in pay, but I'd be calling the state DOL and asking them.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    • #3
      Also, just to be sure, make sure that on a workweek basis that you are being paid at least minimum wage, and overtime (if applicable). Piece work is only legal to the extent that MW/OT are not impacted under federal law (FLSA). As long as MW/OT are complied with, the feds basically lose interest.

      The state may or may not have interest. CA for example would have interest, and FL would not. Your state is not my state and I have no idea what IN thinks on this subject. Some states care very little about most things.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.