Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

How can I find prevailing wages for H1B filing California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ArmyRetCW3
    The Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division is responsible for enforcement of this program.

    The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) is administered by the Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) of the Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The INA applies to employers seeking to hire nonimmigrant aliens as workers in specialty occupations or as fashion models of distinguished merit and ability, using the H-1B nonimmigrant visa classification.

    The INA allows employment of alien workers in certain specialty occupations (generally those requiring a bachelor's degree or its equivalent). Foreign workers such as engineers, teachers, computer programmers, medical doctors, and physical therapists may be employed under the H-1B, H-1B1, and E-3 visa classification.

    To obtain H-1B or H-1B1 status approval, the employer must first file a Labor Condition Application (LCA), Form ETA 9035 or Form ETA 9035E, with the Department of Labor.

    Employee Rights

    H-1B, H-1B1, and E-3 workers are granted a number of rights. The employer must give the worker a copy of the LCA.

    more info here;

    By the way I believed you are under paid, IMHO, most H1b Visa holder usually earn much more than that, the LCA would stipulate the minimum salary for your skill, education & place of employment (City & State). Call your nearest Wage Hour office.

    Serving Imperial, San Diego
    counties and portions of Riverside county:

    San Diego District Office
    US Dept. of Labor
    Wage & Hour Division
    5675 Ruffin Road, Suite 310
    San Diego, CA 92123-1362

    (858) 467-7015
    866-4-USWAGE / (866-487-9243)

    Leave a comment:

  • How can I find prevailing wages for H1B filing California

    Self - its easy if you know the process
    A attorney - very tricky and they have connections
    with the help of HR - she has access to all the company info
    Cant say!

    The poll is expired.

    I joined this company in December 2009 - they are ready to sponsor me - but they are not paying legal fee for lawyers, I try to research for how much they cost and its more than 3k in California - San Diego.

    me and my Hr (with who I am in really good terms) told me that she will help me preparing this documents and apply for H1.

    I did my master in 2008 and joined this company for 38k per annum. as of my understanding this is below prevailing wages as per California.

    I need some help and advice to where can I see the minimum wages for California and what job title I can use to get my H1 visa done successful.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.