This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Commissions and Draws Michigan

I am an employee I signed a contract that I get 500 a week draw against future commissions, have to work in the office for 40 hours a week and attend any functions that the company requires. I have 12,000 due in commissions and the company only wants to pay me 8000 cause I had 4000, in drwas before the sales. but I answered phones and did secretarial things for this company am I at least entitled to minimum wage for this?

thanks

Probably. Did you ever sell in the field? The key is that you either qualified for the FLSA Outside Sales exception, or you do not. That is a function of looking at the actual rules in the exception. If the Outside Sales exception fails, then it is a near certainty that you must be paid (at least) minimum wage for all hours worked.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Thank you for the link

Thanks for the link defines things quite well.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X