Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Non payment of wages by well known CA hospital California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Non payment of wages by well known CA hospital California

    I worked the whole month of Dec for a very well known hospital and they have not paid any of my invoices or expenses for December. It was not a small amount. I was an independent contractor what is my right under Califorinia law and is there a way to use a service to receive my money. I have documented emails where they got the information and supposedly processed. I could really use that money now.

  • #2
    Assuming that you were legitimately an IC, your best bet is small claims court if the amount falls within the limit, or a civil suit if it does not.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      Thank you. I have the paper work where they signed me and another document that extended the orginal contract. I will check the small claims but I am afraid that the amt I am owed will be outside the limits.


      • #4
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

        Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.