• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattymd
    replied
    http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs15.pdf
    http://www.dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm#NewJersey

If all these rules are not being followed, she can file a wage complaint with the state Dept. of Labor. Note that minimum wage plus tips must average out to at least minimum wage on a weekly basis.
    Last edited by Pattymd; 01-31-2010, 12:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• marci7400
    replied
    Yes, she does make tips most nights. The restaurant is near the beach so during the winter it's very slow and a few times she has gone to work & was sent home after a couple hours because she had no customers.

Leave a comment:

• DrumMajorChange
    replied
    Tips from clients?

Originally posted by marci7400 View Post
    My daughter is an employee at a restaurant. Her salary is $3 per hour, however on her paycheck, it shows that she makes $6 but is only paid for half the hour that she worked. He tells her that it's for her benifit but I don't understand how? What is the reason her employer would do this & is it legal?
    Does your daughter receive tips from clients of the restaurant?

Leave a comment:

• marci7400
    started a topic Restaurant Employee New Jersey

Restaurant Employee New Jersey

My daughter is an employee at a restaurant. Her salary is $3 per hour, however on her paycheck, it shows that she makes $6 but is only paid for half the hour that she worked. He tells her that it's for her benifit but I don't understand how? What is the reason her employer would do this & is it legal?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X