This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cal. on call laws California

My work (hospital) is making it mandatory to be on-call on nights. They have controlled standby and uncontrolled.
    Controlled is (required) to stay on premesis or so close that one cannot use time for own purposes then you get paid hourly.
    Uncontrolled is being able to do normal activities but can be reached for work by pager or phone.

They give you 30 min. to respond.

My problem is the distance I live from work is close to 1 hour. When brought up it was just said that it doesn't matter and it is uncontrolled standby.

Its in the middle of the night and I do not live close enough to go home!
    What do i do???
    Thanks

Sorry this is not what you're going to want to hear, but it isn't your employer's fault you live an hour away from work. Do you have a co-worker who lives close and might let you might sack out on their couch?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X