This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistleblower California California

I work for a very large finance company of about 180 employees, and a group of us (about 5) have already spoken to an attorney and there has been a clear violation in which we are entitled to about $45k each (not including interest and penalties) as we have not been paid correctly for the past 2 years and 10 months since we have worked there. Us 5, and about 10 others of the 180 people have also been paid EXACTLY the same.

I am hesitant not to join the other 5 in filing with the state as I would like to keep my name annonymous when the company gets called by the state.

My question is if the other 4 file with the state and I don't, am I risking not getting paid at all? or if the other 4 file will the labor board at the state level want to know others that were paid the same way, and at that time I could then get involved?

My 2nd question: I was told if after the group of 4 file, and they close our division within the within the company down then I would see $0 in compensation. This is another reason, why I considered filing with the group as I don't want to loose the $45k that is entitled to me.

Can you please answer both questions?
    Last edited by Marlena1979; 07-18-2009, 12:33 PM.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X