X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-exempt worker - Lunch Mtg Paid or unpaid? New Hampshire

Hi,

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have a salaried non-exempt worker and our company does not pay for lunches, which are 30 minutes. We had a lunch meeting last week and this worker did not clock in and out. He thought that he was getting paid for it.

Question: Is it the company policy whether to pay him or not during a lunch meeting or is it a law that if you are working during lunch you get paid. I want to say that he gets paid, but I just want to double check.

Thanks!!!

You have to pay for all time that a non-exempt employee works or from which the employer derives a benefit. So...if this meeting was work related, then yes, the employee needs to be paid.

Comment

Hi Beth3,

That is what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure!

Thanks again for your quick response

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X