This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wage Reduction Disclosure Texas

I am a hairdresser in Texas. My company recently, and very discreetly, replaced our wage scales form. After further review I have discovered it amounts to aproximately a 6% Decrease in salary, even though they Raised prices at the same time. My question is should they have (legally) informed us that we were getting a pay reduction, or does the simple act of replaceing that form (without ANY discussion) constitute fair notification, and our blindly using it constitute acceptance thereof?

I should also state that the old pay scale required us to add a $7 base pay to the rate adjustment rate on the form. The New form incorporates the $7 into the scale. This makes it cleverly hidden that we recieved a pay cut.

Comment

Are the wage scales posted?
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Well, that depends on your definition of "Posted". If by posted you mean easily accessable and in a convienient location (the front desk drawer is it's usual Home) Then yes it's "Posted". If you mean Hanging next to all the disclosure posters in the back room, then no it's not posted.

Comment

I'll be honest form the start though, The Corporation that employs me has over 13k salons worldwide, and I am sure they have covered their own a$$'s, with an attorney somewhere, and that they will cite that our failure to do the math on the new scale is not their problem, what they probably don't know is that i have a copy of the old scale for figuring out my salary at home. It is just so dang frustrating that they can/have done this to me and probably to many many others.

Comment

Personally, I don't call that "posted". You're right, they probably have covered their tails, but it wouldn't hurt to call the TWC and ask them what they think.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X