This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower pay than contracted hourly?

I am an hrly employee for a company subcontracting to the major cable company. I am supposed to make 10.48/hr but when my revenue is low my pay can dip under that. I feel really screwed right now because I am forced to go to other cities 2hrs away every day. since they legally had to pay me those driving hrs, they simply low red my hrly rate.... to 7.40 an hour!!!!!! is that really possibly legal?? they are basically getting away with not really paying for all my time. on top of that it brings my overtime down to less than my reg rate should be lol even tho it's "time and a half"

Do you have a bona fide contract? Are you an employee or an independent contractor? If you are an employee, what state do you work in (we ask that when you start a new thread for a reason).
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

sorry about that. I am in michigan and I am not an independent contractor. I am an hrly employee with a company vehicle. there are a few things the company does I already know are illegal but still wondering bout this

Comment

Travel time between jobs CAN be paid at as little as minimum wage as long as you are notified ahead of time that is the case (and it appears you have been); it does not have to be paid at the given hourly rate unless a bona fide contract requires it.

And I agree, that would lower your effective "regular rate of pay" on which overtime premium is calculated, but again, that is legal and provided for in the FLSA.
        http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...CFR778.308.htm
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X