This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Administrator Fee?? Georgia

I was looking over my hours and they didnt match up for the week. My printout had more time then on my check. I asked the owner why it was different. He stated it was because of an Administrator Fee. That the "Admin Fee" takes out a .01 of a percent of our hours on every check for all of us working there to pay the fee. I have never had this done, every place I have worked for my hours always matched up. Has anyone heard of this? Is it legal for the buisness owner to make his employees pay his fees out of our checks? Where can I go to look this up and possibly file a complaint?

GA-DOL is supposed to be a joke. You could try filing a small claims court action.

Just to be clear, .01 of a percent of our hours on every check is one part in ten thousand, or ten cents of every thousand dollars. Was that what you meant to say? Also, you mentioned "hours" not "dollars". 1/10,000 is arguably De Minimus as far as hours go.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Well I still work for the company. Is there anyplace I can read about this fee? I noticed on my check that I was paid 37.57hrs but my punch print out said I worked 37.97hrs. My boss said that I will be off like this on all of my checks because of the "fee". Over time that could be hundreds of dollars.

Comment

That is more like 1%, not 01. of 1%. Past that, "fees" are arguably illegal, but "rounding" might not be. If you think that you have a fee issue, then your recourse is probably small claims court.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Its not rounding, he said they went to fees. Fees that a buisness usually pays, but they are making us pay. My husband said that this may be illegal, but can not find anything about what these so called fees are and who pays them. Thanks for the info, I will keep searching.

Comment

Is this something new?

DAW gave you the only likely recourse you have. That or the federal DOL, which, to my understanding, enforces the law to the extent of minimum wage only.
            Last edited by Pattymd; 01-12-2009, 12:24 AM.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X