Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Under payment North Carolina

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Under payment North Carolina

    I have been underpaid since I was hired and it has been ignored. It was recently discovered by human resources during a store visit that I had been underpaid for over a year based on my position and experience, and it was communicated to my store manager. I was also told I was supposed to receive a bonus for the back pay since the 2007 pay period was over and could not be paid wages. I was hired to be xyz and was put as abc. Two months after it was corrected in the system, I was moved to xyz. However, my pay was never adjusted, and over a year later I was actually moved to abc. The store manager referred to a scheduling system pay guidelines. Apparently the company has two sets of guidelines; a manual, which was used by H.R., and the scheduling system to determine pay rates. The scheduling system, which has a lessor pay rate, was used as a reference point, and it was determined that I had not been underpaid. I was given a pay raise after mentioning I would consult my legal adviser. The raise was determined to be the mid-range between the two pay systems for position abc with no real reason...just because. But my manager would not let me know what the pay rate for xyz was, which is a higher paid position and the position for which I am owed. What can I do to clear this up, and what obligations does my employer have to issue me back pay which I am really due? I keep getting the run around.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.