This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding Check Tennessee

there is a teenager (she is 18) that works with me in a school program. We get paid once a month onthe 15th. When Nov 15 rolls around, she doesn't have a paycheck. Her timesheet got turned in a week late... not sure by her or our boss. Well, now payroll will not send her a check. They are saying that she has to wait until Dec 15 to get her October hours paycheck and her current one for November hours. Is this OK for them to do this?

Nope. Pragmatically speaking, though, by the time she filed a claim for unpaid wages and the state DOL got around to investigating, it's likely that December 15 will have come and gone.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Is there a law or something she can quote to them to get her check. That is all she wants. I didn't think they could hold her check for any amount of time unless it is your last check. This is not an isolated incident. If she misses a paycheck for some reason..... You can't get it until next payday. This has happened several times, people having to fight her to get their check.
      Last edited by tnhr; 12-02-2008, 11:12 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

http://www.tn.gov/labor-wfd/title50-2-103.htm
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X