This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro-Active pay cut South Carolina

Hi everyone I was wanting to know is it legal for an employer to cut employees pay retro-actively without consent of the employees? Thanks for your help and have a great day.

It's not the "consent" that is required, it's the notification.

Q. Can my employer decrease my rate of pay?

A. Yes. However, if the employer has 5 or more employees, the employee must be notified in writing at least seven calendar days in advance of the proposed decrease in pay.

http://www.llr.state.sc.us/Labor/wag...p?file=faq.htm
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for your help I do appreciate your answer

Jessica

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X