Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Employer owes me 14 weeks of pay - KY/OK Kentucky

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Employer owes me 14 weeks of pay - KY/OK Kentucky

    Hi there,

    I have been a salaried employee (working remotely out of state) with a contract for this company based in Kentucky (they also have operations in Oklahoma) since July. Before that I was a contract employee. Since becoming salaried, my employer has been having trouble paying me.

    I became friends with my employer (since it's only a 4-5 person company) and know that some of his clients have not paid him and he is struggling for money himself (at least that is what he tells me).

    I decided to be very patient and continue working based on the fact that I trusted my employer. I feel quite stupid now as I'm owed over $11,000.00 and I've literally been working for free these past few months. I've eaten through my savings, am facing foreclosure and repossession of my car and I am at my wits end because I am so broke.

    I have tried getting in touch with him all this week and it feels like he's avoiding me.

    What are my rights as a salaried employee who works out of state and when the company is based in KY/OK?

    Thank you for reading!

  • #2
    You can file a wage claim with the state DOL (where you worked).
    The amount seems to be too large for small claims court but you could file a "general" lawsuit in a higher court with an attorney for your wages due.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.