Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Boss charging me for wrong parts Montana

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boss charging me for wrong parts Montana

    I work in Retail sales for truck tops. One of the tops that I sold recently came in the wrong length. I was the one that took the order and I don't remember for sure but I think the customer gave me the wrong information. The boss is a jerk and rather then make the customer unhappy and charge him the restocking fee he is threatening to take it out of my next paycheck. Can he legaly just take money out of my paycheck for things like this?

  • #2
    Mt. employers may only make the following deductions: those required by law and those for the employee's benefit that the employee has authorized in writing. Therefore, the employee must authorize in writing to make deductions for such things as union dues, charitable contributions, credit union deposits, etc.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.